The "Amulet" Series

 Amulet: A Graphic Novel Series by Kazu Kibuishi

    Reading New Kid by Jerry Craft took me on a trip down memory lane when I reread the first two Amulet books because Craft's main character talked about his love for them. I read the first two: The Stonekeeper and The Stonekeeper's Curse back in middle school many years ago and forgot just how good they were. Even as an adult, the death scene of the father nearly made me cry. The storyline is a fun adventure following young siblings on a path of destiny with magic, friends, enemies, and some characters who are in-between. The art is also stunning. The full-page panels had me sitting back in my chair, trying to grasp the concept of perspective. The panels are also spaced evenly to give more or less visual to a scene, depending on which length is better to enjoy the story. They're a fun read, and I was able to get the full series (8 books) for $30. I can't wait to finally finish this series, since I didn't have the money to when I was younger.

Amulet box collection. On the front is a young, red-headed girl with a cloak, staff, and glowing red amulet around her neck. At the bottom is a blue-grey elf with a glowing blue amulet around his neck


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Technology and Linguistics Part 1

Digital Technology and Linguistics Part 2

Nidhogg (Níðhöggr)