About Me

 Payton Brodie (About Me)

"Hello World,"

    I am an English Education student attending Western Illinois University (WIU) on the path to becoming a high school English teacher. I want to provide a comfortable environment for young adults to explore themselves and reflect through reading and writing. My goal in teaching is to give students more opportunities to learn for themselves rather than anyone else. While I do enjoy reading, I myself am an extremely slow reader and find most full-length novels challenging to get through. I prefer comic books and other written literature that is dark, gritty, and showcases real problems with humanity. Taking inspiration from shows like "The Walking Dead" and my own experiences with the worst home lives, my (and others') miserable experience in the military, I would love to eventually finish and publish my book Black Blood. I really enjoy the idea of writing a zombie book where the people making the hardest decisions makes them the real monsters. Writing is a beautiful tool that lets us communicate, share our own beliefs and experiences, and functions as an introspective playground.


 


  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Technology and Linguistics Part 1

Digital Technology and Linguistics Part 2

Nidhogg (Níðhöggr)